Friday, July 15, 2011

Red Wine Cucumber Salad




Last night, with our Bison steaks, I threw together a cucumber salad.

I am rather picky about cucumbers, & rather turn my nose up at most of what the grocery stores have to offer in this area. I especially cannot abide by all that wax, rendering the lovely peels inedible. So I fervently hope that our little cucumber plant, full of tiny cucumbers & flowers currently, produces abundantly in the end. In the meanwhile we will rejoice in the box of small & crisp cucumbers we happened upon in last weekend's Farmer's Market.

For this salad I combined: One large thinly sliced green onion, two small diced tomatoes, three small thinly sliced cucumbers, two minced cloves of garlic, 1/4 cup of red wine, & 4 tsp olive oil.

(All but the final two it was our good fortune to find at the Farmer's Market downtown.)

I allowed the salad to marinate for a little over an hour. It was quite remarkable with a bit of salt & pepper.

Also, if you get the chance & happen to be omnivorous as I am, do try Bison steaks some time. Less fatty & more tender than the beef counterparts.

Favorite Song for today (led to in a more or less direct way by my favorite radio station):

No comments:

Post a Comment