Monday, June 27, 2011

Eggplant Burgers



Eggplant is one vegetable I have long under-appreciated. I always thought it was an interesting enough sort of plant, but it was such a bother how long it took to cook.

This was silly. Eggplants can be cooked rather quickly if sliced up, not unlike many other bulky vegetables.

This recipe for example is easy-peasy.

Whisk together in a small bowl: 2 tbsp oil, 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, salt, & pepper.

Cut crosswise into 1/4 inch thick slices, an eggplant. Brush with the oil mixture. Then cook over medium-high heat about 5 minutes on each side. Or until tender.

We served ours on a bun, with a bit of marinara sauce & a sprinkle of mozzarella.

Quite satisfying.

Favorite Song for today (led to in a more or less direct way by my favorite radio station):

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! Never thought of the mustard. I can't wait until my eggplant are ready for picking!!

    ReplyDelete