Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Beer Cheese Sauce



This week is my brother's spring break, and we've been making old favorites every night. Except of course the nights when he's been cooking us things like Scottish eggs or Chicken-Cheese Chili. Both delicious! This should somewhat explain my lack of posts here.

Last night we made another old family favorite. My husband says I introduced it to him it, and thanks me for it.

I don't know exact measurements, because I stopped using them many years ago. I know that many recipes call for chicken broth, but traditionally I have not added that ingredient.

Basically, I minced a carrot, a stalk of celery, about one third cup onion, & a large clove of garlic. Then I sauted them in oil or butter for around five minutes.

I recommend from here adding flour and make a roux. Then slowly add half a bottle of amber ale & then milk to desired consistency. Really any light beer or ale will work, I think. But amber ale is preferable, to me.

I also added red pepper & garnished with fresh basil.

Also, on another note. Thank you very much Ellie for featuring my blog. When you get a minute you should check Ellie's blog out. She is passionate about Italian food!

Favorite Song (first heard on my favorite radio station):

No comments:

Post a Comment