Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Post Pi(e) Day





It was Pi day yesterday, a holiday which my husband favors. We celebrated by giving pieces of pie to his coworkers, & having my parents over for some pie. And also, of course, having pie ourselves including most of a little one still sitting on our counter today.

Since strawberries are plentiful right now, & on a whim, I decided to bake strawberry-blueberry pies. When I was a kid I would often make blueberry pies out of clay, fastidiously rolling each tiny blueberry. But I've never actually baked any berry pies until yesterday. And I mostly winged it.

I did use a recipe for the crust, curious to see what Simply in Season pie crust was like. It was delightful. Flaky with a hint of crisp. It was my kind of crust. And I sprinkled some cinnamon sugar on top before baking the last few pies, which sent it over the top for me.

Other than the crust, I roughly chopped the strawberries, poured in some blueberries, tossed them in a few tbsp sugar/cinnamon/nutmeg mix.

Then I baked the whole thing at 375 for about an hour.

Favorite Song (on my favorite radio station during prep time): Emily And the Woods- Nietzsche

No comments:

Post a Comment