Monday, March 7, 2011

Strawberry Bread








You've got to try this! The crust is crisp & the rest is fluffy & it all truly melts in the mouth. The sweet acidity of the strawberries is not overpowered by sugar & pairs well with cinnamon.

This bread also goes well with one of my favourite beverages, chai tea.

These beautiful plates were a Valentine from my sweet husband. They each have two unique birds on them. (I am a bird watcher.)

I've been waiting for a good day to feature them on here. And today we are in for a treat, because I found strawberries for rather cheap! Some rather nice looking ones. And here's hoping that means Spring isn't too far around the corner.

This is the first recipe I've tried from Simply in Season's Spring section...

1. Combine one and one half cup of flour, two tsp ground cinnamon, one half tsp salt, & one half tsp baking soda.

2. Combine in large bowl two eggs, one and one quarter cup mashed strawberries, two thirds cup of oil, & three quarter cup of sugar.

3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.

4. Bake in greased pan at 350 for one hour or until toothpick comes out clean.

Favorite Song (on my favorite radio station during prep time):

No comments:

Post a Comment