Monday, January 31, 2011

Red Potatoes & Granny Apples

These pictures of the apples were taken a few days ago in the sunshine...

At the store I chose the most beautiful apples I could. I especially heart the granny apples. Sweetly speckled...

A good family friend gifted me this darling teapot candle!

After being spoiled on our weekend-journey with a romantic lunch at the Sushi House & a meal with good friends at the Lincoln Cafe, I still find this dish irresistible. I want to dive in...


I made a half batch, and I'm glad I did. This is easily 4-6 servings, which is plenty for us.

I julienned five small red potatoes & then sauteed them in two tablespoons of olive oil for three minutes (Salted & Peppered to taste). Then I added the two granny apples, thinly sliced. One quarter cup thinly sliced green onions. And one stalk of celery sliced diagonally. Then I covered it and left it on low heat for twenty minutes. Sprinkled cheddar on the top & allowed it to melt. Then served with vanilla-rose tea!

The green onions & cheddar are really a hit. The mix of apples & potatoes is a pleasant one. All in all a pleasant, & easy to prepare, side dish.

Favorite Song (on my favorite radio station during prep time): the unthanks- lucky gilchrist

No comments:

Post a Comment