Friday, January 21, 2011

Sweet Potato Soup


This is a simple soup that is both sweet & festive. Better yet... Only six ingredients and only five steps!

In fact, I'm going to do something I generally don't and basically post the recipe. I don't want to do this every day, because then I feel like I'm just stealing the cook book.

Did I mention the book has interesting articles under many of the recipes? Just another reason I think Simply in Season is simply amazing.
1. Saute one medium onion, chopped, in one teaspoon oil. In a soup pot.

2. Bring to boil 5 cups of beef or vegetable broth. Then add 2 large sweet potatoes, chopped. Let simmer for 20-25 minutes.

3. Add 2 cups, about one can, of diced tomatoes with juice. & 1/4 teaspoon white pepper.

4. Puree in blender or food processor.

5. Add 3/4 cup orange juice & heat gently until hot.

I also made crackers. Simple grainy goodness. I used this recipe but I added a bit of rye flour in for some of the all purpose. Enjoy!


Favorite Song (on my favorite radio station during prep time): Pentangle-Once I had A Sweetheart

No comments:

Post a Comment