Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tangy Carrot Chowder



My assessment of this chowder is that it is basically chili with carrots instead of beans. That being said, I love chili & I love this chowder. The carrots really are a treat, & the tang is lively. Another hit from Simply in Season...

First I browned one pound of ground beef in a soup pot. Then I added a half cup each of chopped celery, onion, & green pepper. I stirred in two cans of tomato sauce & one can of cream of celery, added three minced cloves of garlic, & shredded in two large carrots. Then salt & pepper to taste.

After thirty minutes of simmering the aroma was irresistible.

I also baked crackers again. This time I used all rye flour, & no all purpose. One of the things I love about baking my own crackers is that I decide the shape as well as flavor.

We spent the evening up late, excited for the trip ahead. We begin our journey this evening, but not until after dinner. Check back this weekend, though...

I plan to post on tonight's dinner tomorrow. & then I have a post stored up for Sunday...

Favorite Song (on my favorite radio station during prep time):




No comments:

Post a Comment