Thursday, May 19, 2011

Garlic Spinach Dip



Last night, weeks of helping my parents paint the rooms in their house caught up with me. Spray painting the lawn chairs yesterday must have been the last straw for my body. My arms were rubber & my wrists & even my fingers (from the spray painting).

Good thing Simply in Season came through for me again with this fresh & creamy pick-me-up.

My brother helped me modify the recipe, because our food processor has not been up to speed.

Mix: 2 tbsp sauted garlic, four cups finely chopped spinach, 8 ounces cream cheese, 1/4 cup milk, salt, & hot sauce.

We dipped slices of summer squash & zucchini.

I meant to garnish with a chopped tomato but I plumb forgot. Maybe I will try that with the leftovers.

Also, such things as Monterey Jack, tortilla chips, or toasted pita wedges are optional.

Favorite Song for today (led to in a more or less direct way by my favorite radio station):

No comments:

Post a Comment