Friday, May 6, 2011

Creamy-Dill Tomato Soup

It seems lately a silly thing has been happening here. I have been cooking meals so simple that they seem not post-worthy. However, simplicity is the whole principle behind basically all of the recipes I post here. So I'm back. At least for now.

Simply in Season does in fact have a recipe for tomato soup. I tried it a few weeks ago. It was quite pleasant. I especially liked the kick of garlic. I recommend you try it for a straight full-bodied version:

Fresh Tomato Soup

Combine in saucepan 8 medium tomatoes & four or more cloves of minced garlic. Cook over medium heat until tomatoes are soft.

Add three cups of vegetable juice, two bouillon cubes, & basil. Bring to a boil, simmer five minutes, serve!


But I have an additional way of making tomato soup. So I want to share that here as well. It's a bit spicy & very dilly.

Creamy-Dill Tomato Soup

Combine in saucepan one quart tomato juice & two cups half & half.

Add garlic powder, red pepper, & two tablespoons fresh chopped dill.

Also add three pickle spears, finely chopped. I use zesty pickles for added kick.

(the cream balances out the spiciness to some degree.)

Bring to a boil, then let simmer for five minutes.

Today I have two favorite songs
(led to in a more or less direct way by my favorite radio station):
&

No comments:

Post a Comment