Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Picnic by the Lake with Orange Mint Tea










I had another meal planned for dinner tonight, but when the sun came out I decided it would have to wait. We piled up some tuna sandwiches & grabbed the Orange Mint Tea I'd made earlier in the day. We headed out.

Forgive my over-indulgence in today's post. It was all so stunning.

This tea was one of the few beverage recipes in Simply in Season, & I intend to make it as much as possible this week/summer. I was at first afraid the mint would not come out, but I must not understand mint very well.

Orange Mint Tea: Bring two cups of water to a boil. Add 4-6 sprigs of mint & steep for at least fifteen minutes. Remove the mint. Add one cup orange juice & 1/2 cup lemon juice. Sugar to taste or 1/3 cup. Fill 2 quart pitcher the rest of the way up with ice & water. Let chill.

Favorite Song for today (led to in a more or less direct way by my favorite radio station):

No comments:

Post a Comment